Read what our students have to say about their experiences at IAA, both from letters they have sent us (used with
permission) and from the course evaluations they submit after every course is completed.
Having just completed both Basic 001 and 002 with Jackie Goldstein,
I wanted to write to let you know how very very pleased I am with both the classes, and more particularly
with Jackie's instruction. I've have been picking away at learning astrology for years, yet I never managed
to pull it all together and make much sense out of my studies. In 8 weeks Jackie has done just that for me
and so much more! ...
...Jackie is a pure pleasure to learn from, she
has a wonderful warmth to her and her teaching, as well as a great sense of humor.
I am so glad to have found OCA and to have been able to work with Jackie!
I look forward to taking more classes at OCA and
appreciate very much the guidance and support that I have received from everyone at
-- Lisa Starbard
Thank You for saying that you enjoy having me in your class. I am
enjoying this. This is my only pleasure in life at this time and I am so happy that
I have finally found a place to actually learn astrology. I have been dabbling for
years, buying books and I have a great computer program that I understand very
little of. So this is really important to me.
just a note to again tell you how much i love
(and am living) this course...vickie is an excellent instructor, and has given me much
time and information with the myriad of emails loaded with my ponderings and questions.
i plan on continuing with the whole series....
I want you to know that I believe I am getting full value (or more) for
my money. It's a wonderful program, all of my teachers have been incredibly competent
and committed to their work, and I have learned more in a very short period of time
than I would have thought possible. Moreover, my spiritual development during this
process has been unbelievable! ... Keep up the good work!
-- Mary Barcella
From course evaluations:
- I have always thought that I could never consider myself a "real" astrologer
until I could calculate a chart from scratch. With this course and Chris's wonderfully considered teaching I
now feel so much more confident of my abilities as an astrologer. I really enjoy calculating the chart and seeing
it emerge as the numbers flow and the relationships are clarified. Great feeling!
I also really like getting the special "down under" perspective that Chris
brings and this has really opened me up to looking at astrology from a more international point of view.
Very helpful. Chris takes material that seems initially quite daunting, especially for a non-numbers type
like me, and makes it very approachable and doable. I worked hard in the course AND I felt very rewarded.
- The instructor was great. She was prepared and her Powerpoint presentations were excellent,
helping me better understand the handouts.
The sessions on line are so much fun. I can enjoy a great class from the convenience of my home. The Go-to-Meeting
system is easy to use.
I appreciated how prepared our teacher was. She had excellent slide shows which were very useful.
The more I advance in my studies, the more I am fascinated by astrology. The IAA curriculum is well designed,
as it introduces all of the important concepts gradually, so that one course builds upon the last one, continuing
to offer a larger picture.
- I LOVE learning online! It affords me the opportunity to interact [with]
people and learn a subject that I would otherwise be unable to do given my
- The Teacher was wonderful. The layout of material was great. and being
an Astrologer for about 10 years I learned something. That was great. I
didn't get bored with the material.
- The homework was exactly what it should have been in order for us to really
absorb and understand the information. It would have been worthless information
had we not been responsible for applying it in chart analysis.
- I love it, it's so convenient! The only difficulty I see is the potential
for misunderstandings in communication. Otherwise it's great and I love being
able to access the transcripts. No need to take notes and you don't miss a single word.
- Whoever figured this way of working out the math, is a genius and has my gratitude.
Much easier than what I had to go through the last time I studied this.
- I enjoyed each homework assignment because it forced me to explore aspects of myself
and other charts methodically and at length. Even though I've read these charts for years,
I was able to see them in a simple, yet refreshing light.
- I appreciated the simplicity of the hemispheres and the quadrants. Astrology is
infinitely complex and all too often we forget to notice the basics, which tell us so
much. My overall understanding has been deepened and reinforced. Thank you!
- I liked the subject matter. I've studied astrology for over 15 years and have never
been exposed to how these subjects are used.
- [The homework] was a lot, but by no means too much. It was perfect, because for every
archetype it made me think deeper than I would have otherwise.
- I like learning through to Web. It is great to be able to go to class at home.
- I especially like the fact that you deal with the essential fundamentals of
astrological knowledge. My independent study had the serious drawback of providing
me with a wealth of diverse information -- which, at times, was contradictory -- that
was basically almost useless because I had no clear methodology with which to apply
- I would tell others [this course] is a must-have in their astrology education!
- [I especially liked] the greater understanding and insight I'm getting into the
people whose charts I'm working with, including my own.
- The level of difficulties of the course was above average, but it was worth it.
I was able to strengthen my astrological muscles.
- This course offered me a historical, mythological and more importantly, intuitive
approach to the materials, rather than a "keyword" approach, and I liked it.
- I liked the in-depth look at a lot of the specifics in the astrological charts.
- The instructor was attentive and thorough, and all my questions were answered either
in the class or via separate e-mails. By the way, this was the case in Astro 101 and 102, too. So, the
dedication of the instructors is the thing I like and appreciate most.
- [I especially liked] the depth of it! Learned things I would have NEVER learned on my own.
- I liked the structure; the order in which material was presented, each topic building
on the last; and the supplemental reading. The homework and final (even though I didn't
always look forward to them) were also important in really learning the concepts.
- [I especially liked] chart calculation as a whole. I finally started to feel like
an astrologer. Without the knowledge of chart calculation, you cannot be an astrologer.
- Advantage: you go at your own pace, and, thanks to email, you always feel the teacher
is available. It's a great comfort. Especially that all instructors I've had so far
respond very quickly.
- I love that I feel my astrological knowledge and confidence as a competent astrologer
has taken a giant leap forward with all the techniques I learned this semester.
The growth - that's what I especially like.
What Donna Cunningham's IAA students have said about her writing
and web page seminars:
Donna Cunningham's Online Writing Seminar definitely exceeded my expectations.
She is an accomplished writer/editor and it shows in every aspect of her class. She is a skilled teacher,
enthusiastic, sensitive to the needs of the student, and readily available for questions. She provided numerous
resources on writing, editing and publishing as well articles geared to my specific writing topics. I have
already recommended her class to friends and will continue to do so in the future.
When it comes to passion for writing and teaching, Donna is the most
inspiring teacher I have ever worked with. It has been amazing how much we covered in those six weeks.
The classes were well organized, stimulating and productive. My wonderful classmates added to the pleasure
when we were discussing our work, while Donna kept us on track. Not only did we write, research, revise, clarify,
and comment on each other's work, we gained so much confidence in the process. A precious experience. I hope
there will be follow up classes.
I was deeply touched by the class -- my first experience in giving and receiving
writing feedback. Among Donna's many gifts is that of generously giving of herself in her teaching: on-target
feedback, handouts, and creative assignments. It was a blast!
Donna's writing class was a perfect fit for me! I've been writing astrology
articles for an Internet-based magazine for a few years and I was ready to branch out. Donna very generously
shared her tried and true methods for writing astrology material that is engaging and fun to read and write.
Feedback on my writing was both supportive and well-thought out. I now have a lot more tools to pursue my writing
This is an incredible opportunity for any person who has their own website,
even if it is not astrologically or metaphysically oriented. By the end of the course, my basic ho-hum website
was completely re-designed and large portions of it re-written. I wrote new material and now have a web site
I'm proud to share with visitors.
All material at this Web site is Copyright © 1997-2017
by OCA, Corp. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission is prohibited.
The IAA logo is copyright © 2015 OCA, Corp. "International Academy of Astrology" is a trademark of OCA, Corp.