Prerequisites: Students must have completed the Natal Studies Module. Due to the amount of homework in this class it is recommended that you take this class alone and not add a second one.
A 9-week survey course of various forecasting methods, including some of the mathematical calculations involved for progressing a natal chart, covering ancient Hellenistic techniques to modern times, including classical and modern solar returns.
Classes are held weekly.
Class Meeting 1: Profections
Class Meeting 2: Firdaria/Zodiacal Releasing
Class Meeting 3: Classic Solar Returns
Class Meeting 4: Modern Solar Returns
Class Meeting 5: The Mathematics Behind Secondary Progressions
Class Meeting 6: Midterm Exam
Class Meeting 7: Understanding Secondary Progressions
Class Meeting 8: Using Planetary Cycles for Understanding Life Phases
Class Meeting 9: Final Exam
The following required materials are available through the IAA online shopping areas:
- Beyond Basics: Moving the Chart in Time, by Carol A. Tebbs
- Astrology and the Authentic Self: Integrating Traditional and Modern Astrology to Uncover the Essence of the Birth Chart, by Demetra George
- Predictive Astrology: The Eagle and the Lark, by Bernadette Brady
- Astrology: A Language of Life, Vol. 1 – Progressions, by Robert P. Blaschke
- Identifying Planetary Triggers: Astrological Techniques for Prediction, by Celeste Teal